THOMPSON REUTERS CORP COMMON NEW (TRI.US) announced that the holders can elect to participate in merger/ reorg related company actions, details as follows:
The terms of the offer are as follows:
Option 1: Participate in merger/reorg. Receive USD $4.67 per share and have shares consolidated. [Default option]
Option 2: Opt-Out. Will not receive $4.67 return of capital and will receive new shares. (Opt-Out holders will realize an increase in equity and voting interest in the company. )
Shareholders wishing to exercise their opt-out right are strongly urged to carefully consider the income tax consequences of exercising the opt-out right and to consult with their own tax advisors with respect to their particular circumstances and tax considerations applicable to them.
Participants must obtain the Management Proxy Circular and Notice of Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders dated April 23, 2023 and the related form of Opt-Out Certification and election form and letter of transmittal for the complete terms and conditions of the merger.
The deadline to the offer will be 2023/06/06@ 16:00 (HONG KONG TIME GMT+8).
Please fill in the following information and use the registered email address of Futu to send an email to email@example.com.
1. Account Number–
2. Name-(In Chinese or English)
3. Stock code–TRI.US
4. Options-(1) or (2)
5. Number of shares participating in corporate actions -
Note to applicants:
1. If shareholders holding 1 share or less of TRI.US, they cannot participate in related corporate actions.
2. Option 1 is the default option. We will help clients to choose option 1 if have not received clients’ emails.
3. Once the relevant application is submitted, the stocks participating in the company's actions cannot be traded and the application cannot be withdrawn.
4. This corporate action does not accept additional applications, the maximum number of applications that a client can apply for does not exceed the number of eligible shares it holds.
5. The pending orders and unsettled shares will not be accepted for the time being.
6. Please confirm that the account funds are sufficient to pay the relevant fees of this corporate action. Otherwise, we will not bear any responsibility for the failure of your application.
7. If there is any update, all the information released by the listed company shall prevail.